Saturday, October 18, 2008

the IRONY of my Name

does your name matter to you? do you find it beautiful as it sounds pretty? or do you find it so wonderful as it actually has its own awesome meaning?

so tell me, what does your name mean?

my name is Eunice Aimee. do you know what it means?

Eunice means "happily victorious" in Greek terminologies, and it means "assured faith" from the languages of the Holy Bible and Aimee means "beloved" in the French.

my parents said that I was named after the mother of Timothy in the Bible, and that they picked Eunice as my dad wanted us, his children, to have our names start with a letter "E".

I just learned what it actually meant when I saw this vintage book my parents used when they were naming us. It is entitled "What shall we name the baby?" by Winthrop Ames.



Isn't Ironic that I am called Eunice when I am not happy? I am not even as victorious as what my name imply? Isn't it so stupid to even think that it meant "assured faith" when I have these points in my life that I have doubted Him? And so it's very ironic that it meant "beloved" when I don't even feel so loved...

I guess it only meant one thing... I should live according to my name then rather than indulging in the beauty of what it is not...

like the negative part of the picture looks better than when it is not. but it is still better to live as I am than pretend to be someone so perfect just to try what is ideal.

0 blah-blah's from some... cool pipz..LOL: