Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Stages of Grieving

according to Kubler-Ross, there are actually 5 stages of grieving in which we summarize as DABDA -Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance...

Well, based on how i have been through things in my life, this is what actually happens. And as I go through another catastrophe in my life, I would follow these stages... as I deny that I have not broken up with him... until I have accepted it...Where am I?

Denial

Am I at this stage? Have I said this? "No, we're still together... we just had a little fight and I know we can fix it. We'll be fine"

Anger

Or am I at this stage? Have I said this? "Damn him! He cheated on me! How could he do this? He's such a jerk!" until I have said "I am done with you! We're over!"

Bargaining

Or am I asking for alternatives? "God, please give him back to me... I have not been thinking about what I have said and of what I have done...", like as if I am hoping we'll be back together so I would do all the things, all the ways I could so we could be together again...

Depression

Or have I run short of alternatives or my alternatives did not work such that I feel so hopeless... that I feel so much deeply in despair? saying "I wanna feel numb, I wanna die, I'm broken"

Acceptance

Or have I accepted the fact that we're done? "I am moving on"...


-----

i want to add a stage to Kubler-Ross's stages... "REBOUND DEPRESSION"... when I have accepted that we're done... and now I feel hopeless of
moving on... like I can no longer find ways to be happy... i dunno... maybe this is "TRANSITORY DEPRESSION" from being depressed of the real thing to being depressed of how to accept things...

I know I a
m such a fool to be crying over some guy who's not really worthy of the love i have for him...I have loved too much, trusted too much...now it's so difficult to accept things...

now, i have to find ways of fixing
myself...i have to fix myself...i must fix myself...right NOW!

0 blah-blah's from some... cool pipz..LOL: